Sea buckthorn berries are edible and nutritious, though astringent, sour, and oily unless 'bletted' (frosted to reduce the astringency) and/or mixed as a drink with sweeter substances such as apple or grape juice. Additionally, malolactic fermentation of sea buckthorn juice reduces sourness, enhancing its sensory properties. The mechanism behind this change is transformation of malic acid into lactic acid in microbial metabolism.
Top 12 Health Benefits of Sea Buckthorn
1. Rich in Many Nutrients.
2. Promotes Heart Health.
3. May Protect Against Diabetes.
4. Protects Your Skin.
5. May Boost Your Immune System.
6. May Support a Healthy Liver.
7. May Help Fight Cancer Cells.
8. May improve digestion.
9. May reduce symptoms of menopause.
10.May treat dry eyes.
11. May lower inflammation.
12. May reduce symptoms of depression